Improve Your Pec Mobility
Rounding shoulders? Sit down all day for work?
If so, these may help!
The following post shows a few exercise examples targeted at:
- opening up the chest and front of shoulders
- stretching out/lengthening the pec major/minor (important for reducing forward shoulders)
- soft tissue release of the pec minor (helps reduce tension/tightness)
- thoracic extension (helps open up the rib cage and diaphragm)
- strength-based exercises target at your posterior shoulder cuff and upper back (improves your ability to maintain your chest/trunk opened up)
1. SUPINE W FLY'S ON FOAM ROLLER
2. SUPINE Y RAISES ON FOAM ROLLER
3. KETTLEBELL SELF-RELEASE
4. PRONE PEC STRETCH
5. STANDING WALL PEC STRETCH
6. PRONE W'S WITH ER BIAS
7. CABLE REVERSE FLY'S
Trial each of these individually to see which is right for you!
Our caring and friendly Chatswood, North Sydney or Sydney CBD Physio Team would love to help you out, so reach out to us if you have any questions!